MARK LEIBOVIT, CIMA, is Chief Market Strategist for VRTrader.Com. His technical expertise is in overall market timing and stock selection based upon his proprietary VOLUME REVERSAL (tm) methodology and Annual Forecast Model. Here's Mark at Jackson Hole, Wyoming petting his favorite wildlife specimen. Yes, they are really that big!
Mr.Leibovit’s extensive media television profile includes seven years as a consultant ‘Elf’ on “Louis Rukeyser’s Wall Street Week” television program, and over thirty years as a Market Monitor guest for PBS “The Nightly Business Report”. He also has appeared on Fox Business News, CNBC, BNN (Canada), and Bloomberg, and has been interviewed in Barrons, Business Week, Forbes and The Wall Street Journal.
Mark Leibovit was ranked Timer Digest’s #2 Gold Market timer for 2011, and has also been named the #1 Gold Market timer for the 5 year period ending in 2010, the #1 U.S. Market Timer for 2006 and the #1 Intermediate U.S. Market Timer for the ten year period December, 1997 to 2007. In addition, he was named the #4 for the eight-year period and #3 for the ten-year period ending 12/31/14, the #2 Bond Timer for the three-year period ending 12/31/14 and the #2 Gold Timer for the ten-year period ending 12/31/14.
He was a 'Market Maker' on the Chicago Board Options Exchange and the Midwest Options Exchange and then went on to serve as Director of Research at Freehling & Co. and later Director of Technical Research at Rodman and Renshaw (both in Chicago). Mr. Leibovit now publishes a series of newsletters at www.LeibovitVRNewsletters.com and hosts his own weekly national radio talk show - Wall Street Raw through the GCNlive.com network along with affiliated radio stations. He is both a Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA) and Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF), and is also a member of the Market Technicians Association and CFA Institute.
He served as Portfolio Manager of the I2 Integrity REIT Fund 2005-2007, Scottsdale, AZ and Portfolio Manager for the Growth Index Strategy at Flexible Plan Investments Ltd., Bloomfield Hills, MI, 2002-2006.
Mr.Leibovit’s specialty is Volume Analysis and his proprietary Leibovit Volume Reversal Indicator is well known for forecasting accurate signals of trend direction and reversals in the equity, metals and futures markets. He has historical experience recognizing, bull and bear markets and signaling alerts prior to market crashes. His indicator is currently available on the Metastock, eSignal and TradeStation platforms.
His comprehensive study on Volume Analysis, The Trader’s Book of Volume published by McGraw-Hill is a definitive guide to volume trading. It is now also published in Chinese. Mark has appeared in speaking engagements and seminars in the U.S. and Canada and provides customized Volume Analysis for managers and institutions.
- MoneyTalk: Using volume as an indicator - July 16, 2014
- MoneyTalk for Wednesday, July 16, 2014
- MoneyTalk: Volume & what it tells you about stocks, July 16, 2014
- Looking for a Gold Comeback This Year, February 26, 2013
- BNN (Business News Network) - February 10, 2012 interview
- Fox Business News - February 20, 2012
- Fox Business News - December 21, 2011 link
- BNN (Business News Network) interview from May 23, 2012
- Dan Dorfman 'Trimtabs' May 25th interview. Is Strong Wrong ... Or Weak Right?
- June 8, 2009 Gold interview with Dan Dorfman
- Check out my BNN interview from May 22, 2009
- Check out my BNN interview from June 25, 2009
- Check out my August 4, 2009 PinnacleDigest.com interview with Aaron Hoddinott
- Check out my BNN interview from August 13, 2009
- Check out my BNN interview from October 26, 2009
- Check out my BNN interview from November 12, 2009
- Check out my BNN interview from January 22, 2010
- Money Show - Best Gold Investments
- Check out my BNN interview from May 14, 2010
- Dan Dorfman Huffington Post interview, May 24, 2010
- Is a Big Move in Gold Coming? BNN July 15, 2010
- Gold Shines, But Media Sees Rust - Dan Dorfman, July 29, 2010
- Why Gold Bears Should Hibernate - Dan Dorfman, September 19, 2010
- SqueezePlay : October 21, 2010 : Gold's Next Move - Kitco - Debbie Carlson - METALS OUTLOOK: Weaker Tone Could Follow Precious Metals Into Next Week
- Listen to my Michael Campbell interview on 'Money Talks' on Saturday morning, September 25. Click here to go to the CKNW 'Audio Vault' and set the hour at 9:00 AM.
- SqueezePlay : April 28, 2011 : Market Outlook - BNN
- BNN Interview October 21, 2011
See Mark Leibovit's Nightly Business Report interviews with broadcast legend Paul Kangas.
- October 12, 2001 [High bandwidth] [Low bandwidth]
- April 11, 2002 [High bandwidth] [Low bandwidth]
- October 11, 2002 [High bandwidth] [Low bandwidth]
- March 28, 2003 [High bandwidth] [Low bandwidth]
- September 13, 2003
- April 23, 2004
- November 19, 2004
- May 20, 2005
- November 18, 2005 [Transcript]
- May 26, 2006 [High bandwidth] [Low bandwidth] [Transcript]
- October 27, 2006 [High bandwidth] [Low bandwidth] [Transcript]
- May 25, 2007 [High bandwidth] [Low bandwidth] [Transcript]
- November 9, 2007 [High bandwidth] [Low bandwidth] [Transcript]
- April 18, 2008 [High bandwidth] [Low bandwidth] [Transcript]
- November 21, 2008 [High bandwidth]
- April 24, 2009 [High bandwidth]
Mark Leibovit was seen or heard on the following programs:
Wall Street Raw - Mark Leibovit's soon to be launched national (and internet) radio show - Saturday mornings.
- BNN (Business News Network) - As scheduled
- Money Talks.net and the annual World Outlook Financial Conference, Vancouver, B.C., January 31, 2015 at the Westin Bayshore Hotel.
- www.marketviews.tv - Host, Ike Iossif - Check Ike's website for current interview.
Awards and Recognition
Mark Leibovit was ranked Timer Digest’s #2 Gold Market timer for 2011, and has also been named the #1 Gold Market timer for the 5 year period ending in 2010, and the #1 U.S. Market Timer for 2006 and the #1 Intermediate U.S. Market Timer for the ten year period December, 1997 to 2007.
- 2007 - Business Week Article - February 19, 2007 - 'It's All In The Timing' by Chris Farrell - highlighting Mark Leibovit and VRTrader.com as the # 1 Market Timer for 2006.
- 2002 - Named # 1 Intermediate Market Timer for the 10-year period December 31, 1992 to December 31, 2002 by 'Timer Digest'.
- 2001 - October 18, CBS.Marketwatch.com interview with Thom Calandra.
- 2001 - August 7, Business Week interview with Gene Marcial and the link.
- 2001 - Mark Leibovit ranked #1 Market Timer in the nation by Timer Digest on May 14, 2001 for the twelve-month period May 11, 2000 to May 11, 2001.